Many poets have shunned orange, the colour with no rhyme. Perhaps that’s why they’re often so pale and weak, because if you want to stay healthy through the winter, orange is the ideal colour for your drinks. Try this one from sports nutrition expert Scott Baptie (foodforfitness.co.uk (opens in new tab)) with your breakfast and you’ll breathe easily. Nothing rhymes with yogurt either. Who cares?
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 mango
- 125g probiotic Greek yogurt
- 250ml grape juice
- A pinch of ginger
1. Carrots contain falcarinol, a compound that can reduce the risk of lung and colon cancer.
2. Oranges are packed with vitamin C, which combats disease-inducing free radicals.
3. Mangos are rich in carotenoids, a group of powerful antioxidants that improve immune function.
4. Greek yogurt provides probiotics, which help to improve bowel function and strengthen the immune system.
5. Grape juice is a great source of nitric oxide, which helps to improve cardiovascular health.
6. Ginger contains gingerols, compounds with anti-inflammatory properties that help improve recovery after exercise.
Coach is the place to come for all your health, fitness, and personal wellness needs.
Sign up for workout ideas, training advice, the latest gear and more.
Thank you for signing up to Coach. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.