All sweet treats don't need to be saved for your cheat day. These quick and easy protein flapjacks will satisfy your cravings, stave off the guilt and give you a protein hit all in one fell swoop. Three birds with one stone, lovely. For other foods that can help you build muscle read our guide to high-protein foods.
Protein Flapjacks Recipe
- 120g rolled oats
- 100g Meridian peanut butter
- 60g whey protein powder
- 125-150g skimmed milk (almond milk and other % fat milks can be used instead but weights may vary)
- 15g acacia honey
- Place whey and oats into large bowl; mix together
- Add milk and peanut butter and mix together until evenly mixed
- Add honey and stir evenly through mixture
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and drizzle a touch of coconut oil
- Spread mixture onto paper (1-3cm thickness)
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees C (gas mark 5)
- 10-12 minutes in oven
- Remove, slice and leave to cool
- Protein: 85g
- Carbohydrate: 110g
- Fat: 55g
To create a more calorific protein flapjack, simply use a mass-gainer style protein powder instead of whey, opt for full fat milk, top with a nut butter and add a handful of blueberries to the mixture.
RECOMMENDED: The Best High-Protein Diets
Thanks to ldnmuscle.com (opens in new tab) for the recipe.
Between 2010 and 2016, Ben was the deputy editor of Men’s Fitness UK, which predated, and then shared a website with, Coach. Ben also contributed exclusive features to Coach on topics such as football drills, triathlon training plans and healthy eating.
Sign up for workout ideas, training advice, the latest gear and more.
Thank you for signing up to Coach. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.