If you want to fill out your frame with lean muscle, getting plenty of protein in your diet is critical. That’s why we’ve included it in all the meals and snacks in this plan, including this succulent pork rib recipe, provided by Michelin-starred chef and duathlete Alan Murchison, which makes for a well-earned reward after a tough session at the gym. For other ideas, read our guide to the best protein-rich foods.
Chorizo and poached eggs provides all the amino acids your muscles need to grow.
Salmon and cream cheese on a wholemeal bagel contains plenty of omega 3 fatty acids, which help to reduce inflammation.
Beef jerky and brazil nuts are good sources of muscle-building creatine and muscle mass-preserving BCAAs.
Dinner - Rack of ribs
1 full rack of pork ribs / 6tbsp honey / 3tbsp oyster sauce / ¼tsp chilli flakes / 1 courgette / 100ml milk / 2tbsp chickpea flour / 1tbsp olive oil / 1 corn on the cob / 1tsp butter / Salt and pepper to taste
- Spoon the honey and oyster sauce into a roasting tin or baking dish. Add the chilli flakes, salt and pepper.
- Toss the ribs in the marinade, then set aside for at least two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C/gas mark 2-3. Roast the ribs in the tin for 90 minutes, turning them in the marinade occasionally.
- Turn the heat up to 200°C/gas mark 6 for 15 minutes, keeping an eye on the ribs to make sure they don’t burn.
- Meanwhile, cut the courgettes into chip-shaped chunks, soak them in milk for 30 minutes, then dry them using kitchen paper.
- Roll them in the chickpea flour and then fry them in the oil over a medium-high heat for four minutes.
- Boil the corn on the cob in water for 4-5 minutes, then remove it and grill it under a medium heat for five minutes, turning frequently.
- Spread the butter over the corn, then serve with the ribs and courgette fries.
Coach is the place to come for all your health, fitness, and personal wellness needs.
Sign up for workout ideas, training advice, the latest gear and more.
Thank you for signing up to Coach. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.