Poached eggs make for a tasty, protein-rich breakfast, but sticking them on toast or with a slice of bacon all the time isn’t the most inspiring meal. This straightforward eggs Florentine recipe will allow you to add a lot of flavour-packed ingredients to your dish – and it takes just a few minutes, so you can have it even when you’re in a rush.
Ingredients 1 wholemeal muffin / 1 medium egg / 2tbsp hollandaise sauce (shop bought) / A handful of spinach / 1tbsp olive oil / A pinch of salt / 4tbsp white wine vinegar / A pinch of cayenne pepper / 1tsp fresh chives, diced
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the salt and white wine vinegar.
- Crack the egg into the pan and let it simmer for three minutes.
- While the egg is cooking, slice and lightly toast the muffin, heat the hollandaise sauce in a pan over a low heat until warmed through and cook the spinach in a pan with the olive oil for two minutes, also on a low heat.
- Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and serve with the muffin, sauce and spinach.
- Garnish with the chives and pepper.
Eggs contain all the crucial amino acids your muscles need to build and repair themselves.
Spinach is full of iron, which supplies muscles with oxygen, and bone-strengthening vitamin K.
Olive oil is a great source of heart-healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.
Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin to fire up your metabolism and help you burn more calories.
Coach is the place to come for all your health, fitness, and personal wellness needs.
Sign up for workout ideas, training advice, the latest gear and more.
Thank you for signing up to Coach. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.