Just because a meal is straightforward doesn’t mean it has to be bland. This dish may be simple but it’s packed with flavour, along with a host of nutritious ingredients to help you build muscle and burn fat. Just follow the recipe below, provided by chef Karol Gladki (karolgladki.com (opens in new tab)).
1 organic chicken breast / 1
red pepper, chopped / 50g cherry tomatoes, halved /
A handful of spinach, chopped / 50g green beans, trimmed and halved / A handful of
pitted black olives / 2tbsp
olive oil / 1tbsp balsamic vinegar / 1tbsp capers
- Preheat the grill to 180˚C.
- Butterfly the chicken breast and season it with a little salt and pepper and half the olive oil, then grill it for eight minutes, turning halfway through.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in a pan on a medium heat, then add the green beans, peppers and capers to the pan and cook for four minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and olives and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add the spinach and seasoning and cook for a further minute.
- Place the veg mix on a plate with the chicken on top and garnish it with the balsamic vinegar.
Chicken A very lean meat that’s packed with muscle-building protein.
Spinach It's full of iron, which supplies muscles with oxygen and bone-strengthening vitamin K.
Tomatoes They contain plenty of vitamin C, which helps your body form strong tendons, ligaments and bone tissue.
Coach is the place to come for all your health, fitness, and personal wellness needs.
Sign up for workout ideas, training advice, the latest gear and more.
Thank you for signing up to Coach. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.