Bored with scrambled eggs? This spicy Turkish dish will add some variety to your morning meals. As well as the protein provided by the eggs, you get a hefty dose of muscle fuel from the yogurt, while the other ingredients provide both delicious flavours and more health benefits. Garlic has anti-inflammatory properties, for example, while extra virgin olive oil provides vitamins E and K.
RECOMMENDED: Healthy Breakfasts Worth Getting Up For
Ingredients (serves one)
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g Greek yogurt
- 20ml extra virgin olive oil
- 10g unsalted butter
- ½tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 stalk of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 25ml white wine vinegar
- Mix the garlic with the yogurt and half the olive oil. Whisk for ten seconds and put to one side.
- Melt the butter in a small pan until it’s a nutty brown colour. Remove from the heat, add the chilli and stir, allowing it to sizzle.
- Add the remaining oil and the parsley, then set aside.
- Add the vinegar to a deep pan of simmering water and poach the eggs.
- Serve the eggs in a bowl on top of the yogurt mixture, pouring the olive oil/butter mixture over the top.
Coach is the place to come for all your health, fitness, and personal wellness needs.
Sign up for workout ideas, training advice, the latest gear and more.
Thank you for signing up to Coach. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.