Ingredients (serves 4)
- 200 grams (dry)of best quality puy lentils
- 160 grams smoked thick cut back bacon
- 500 grams English apples washed and 15mm dice
- 160 grams of soft English goats cheese
- 80 grams walnuts chopped
- Half a bunch of chives chopped
- 200 grams of mixed baby leaves
Want more healthy, muscle-building recipes? Check out our nutrition page. (opens in new tab)
- Boil the puy lentils until just cooked so they still have some bite in them
- Use thick strips of smoked streaky bacon and slice them in a 6mm dice then dry fry them, drain and allow to cool
- In a mixing bowl mix the seasonal leaves, lentils and diced apple and drizzle with the dressing of your choice. We recommend some very bitter olive oil and a few drops of white balsamic vinegar
- Mix all together and divide in to 4 equal plates then scatter the bacon, cheese and chives over each salad
More protein-rich salads after the click. (opens in new tab)
Coach is the place to come for all your health, fitness, and personal wellness needs.
Sign up for workout ideas, training advice, the latest gear and more.
Thank you for signing up to Coach. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.