In This Series
- Core strength: Gym ball V-up
- Leg strength: Side lunge to reach
- Dynamic strength: Medicine ball chuck
Vande Velde says: ‘This move is great for opening up my hips and sorting out my scar tissue around the vertebrae that I fractured last year.’
Reps : 10 each side (alternating)
Side lunge to reach, step 1
- Start with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the dumb-bells above your head with your arms straight.
Side lunge to reach, step 2
- Draw the dumb-bells down as you step out to the side.
- Look forward and keep your back neutral throughout the move.
Side lunge to reach, step 3
- Step back up, driving the dumb-bells back up to the starting position.
- Repeat to the other side.
Coach is the place to come for all your health, fitness, and personal wellness needs.
Sign up for workout ideas, training advice, the latest gear and more.
Thank you for signing up to Coach. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.