Lying reverse lateral raise
Work your rear shoulders and upper back muscles with this simple move that will help balance your physique and improve your posture.
- Lie with your stomach and chest on the bench, your gaze down and your feet on floor for stability
- Grip the dumbbells on the floor below your shoulders, keeping your palms facing each other
- Lift the weights straight out to the sides
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together for a second at the top of the move, then lower slowly to the start
Variation: Diagonal cable raise
The pressure starts on your front delts and transfers to your rear delts as you raise the cable.
- Stand side-on to a low cable
- Keep your core braced throughout
- Lift the handle up and across your body
Variation: High cable wide pull
Using a high, wide bar keeps the emphasis on your rear shoulders rather than your back.
- Use a wide bar with the cable set at shoulder level
- Keep your core braced
- Pull the bar into your chest, keeping your elbows high
Coach is the place to come for all your health, fitness, and personal wellness needs.
Sign up for workout ideas, training advice, the latest gear and more.
Thank you for signing up to Coach. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.