Gym ball leg curl
This bodyweight exercise using a gym ball will help you build and strengthen your hamstrings and glutes, work your core and improve your balance and flexibility.
- Your head and shoulders should be on the mat.
- With your feet together on top of the ball and your arms by your sides, ensure your body is in a straight line from shoulders to heels.
- Raise your hips and drag the ball towards your backside with your heels, keeping your body straight.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the move and return slowly to the start.
Variation: Single-leg gym ball leg curl
Each leg has to work twice as hard to stabilise your bodyweight on the wobbly ball.
- Keep one leg lifted throughout the move.
- Raise your hips and drag the ball towards your backside with your heel, keeping your body straight.
Variation: Gym ball hip raise and leg curl
A combination move that starts by exercising your hip flexors at the tops of your thighs and then moves on to target your hamstrings.
- Start with your back flat on the floor and your calves resting on the ball.
- Raise your hips until your body is straight from shoulders to heels.
- Drag the ball towards your backside with your heel, keeping your body straight.
Variation: Double medicine ball leg curl
Two legs, two balls. Extra co-ordination is required to pull off this move, making your core work hard to keep your body straight.
- Place a medicine ball beneath each calf.
- Drag them both beneath you until your heels are on the balls.
Coach is the place to come for all your health, fitness, and personal wellness needs.
Sign up for workout ideas, training advice, the latest gear and more.
Thank you for signing up to Coach. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.